Thursday, August 18, 2016

Welcome From the School Counselor

Welcome from the School Counselor!!!

I’d like to take this time to welcome you to a new school year. I have had the pleasure of working at Rice Creek Elementary as a School Counselor for several years. The Elementary years are wonderful in that students develop skills that will last a lifetime.
I am so excited about working with you and your child this school year. This year I will visit classrooms and teach guidance lessons that center around the 7 Habits. In addition, our lessons will focus on life skills such as responsibility, respect, fairness, caring and citizenship.
Beginning in September, there will also be group counseling sessions offered designed to address specific concerns throughout the year. If your child is recommended for a group I will contact you. I will also be doing individual counseling. Please contact me if you feel this service is appropriate for your child.
Please take advantage of the resources available. I look forward to working with you and helping in any way that I can. If you have questions please do not hesitate to contact me. I can be reached at 803-699- 2900 ext. 3005. You may also email me at kthompso@richland2.org.

Please visit my Counselor’s Corner Blog at rcecounselorscorner.blogspot.com for great tips and resources!

Karen Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment